If you need to ensure your PDF documents and forms are accessible and comply with Section 508 there's no faster or more certain solution than CommonLook® PDF, a plugin for Adobe Acrobat®.
The only PDF accessibility tool besides Adobe's Acrobat to be recognized in the W3C's PDF Techniques for WCAG 2.0, CommonLook PDF includes a number of unique features to speed and standardize remediation work. Used together with Adobe Acrobat, CommonLook PDF is far faster and more efficient than using Adobe Acrobat alone for PDF accessibility work.
Beyond efficiency enhancements, CommonLook PDF includes comprehensive low-level accessibility auditing, capturing manual and automatic validation in the definitive CommonLook Report. The State of Oklahoma edition provides additional checkpoints specific to OK regulations.
"CommonLook is very simple and easy to use and it greatly reduces the amount of time it takes to convert PDF documents to meet 508 compliance standards.
More importantly, there is peace of mind knowing that the converted PDF document is 508 compliant."
- Tami Savage
Tami Savage Enterprises
(formerly with the Department of Veterans Affairs, Health Eligibility Center)
- Ensures conformance with Section 508 and other applicable accessibility standards.
- Allows users to verify and correct tagging order and semantics in a dedicated, auditable workflow.
- Enforces correct structuring of Tables, Lists and Tables of Contents.
- Automatically detects and repairs a variety of common problems in PDF files.
- Dramatically reduces the time required to correct existing PDF documents.
- Re-orders page content to improve the reading experience with current-generation mobile devices and software that does not support tagged PDF.
- Output PDF files are verified by the software or the operator, as appropriate to each checkpoint.
- Generates a page-by-page, element-by-element report accepted by the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and other Federal agencies.
- Process Optimization: Displays information and performs actions specific to the current checkpoint. As each issue is addressed it's removed from the list.
- Process Automation: Segment testing by individual checkpoint, increasing productivity by allowing specialist users (for example, alternate text authors) to focus on their subject-matter expertise.
- Unique remediation tools: Powerful fixes for text running together, soft-hyphens, cleaning empty tags, and more.
- Improve prononciation support: Optionally, replace abbreviations and acronyms with Actual Text; configuration files may be saved and shared to ensure consistency.
- Advanced Table Structure Editor: the table checkpoint window provides a wide range of powerful tools to verify and remediate tables.
- Synchronized View: The user can view both logical structure and physical view together, with or without artifacts displayed.
- Keyboard Shortcuts: Make common functions such as inserting or changing tags a snap.
- Verification Reports: Provides detailed and summary test results by page and for the document as a whole.
ATTENTION Version 2.x and 3.x users: Version 4.2.5 streamlines and simplifies verification and remediation with powerful new features!
For Our Federal Customers...
Want to know more?
Request trial software!
Requires Windows 8, 7, Vista or XP and Adobe® Acrobat® Professional 6.0 or later. Windows Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1 or later is also required.